It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - May 24, 2010

>> Monday, May 24, 2010

Today in Canada its Victoria Day (or affectionately known around these parts as May long) in which we celebrate Queen Victoria's birthday.  It was a grey day here in Winnipeg, perfect for reading of which I got to do not much of.  But that's okay, the day is not over yet!  

I did, however remember about this meme hosted by Sheila at One Persons Journey Through A World of Books in which we share our most recent and upcoming reads!

Pastly
I was a reading whore last week, burning my way through the first 3 books of Nora Roberts Bride Quartet.  The first one is Vision in White (The Bride Quartet, Book 1) which of course got me hooked and left me wanting more but with the generous help of a good friend who kindly downloaded book 2 Bed of Roses (The Bride Quartet, Book 2) to her Kindle, I was able to get my fix.  Lastly, my hubby visited my local library and snagged Savor the Moment (The Bride Quartet, Book 3) off the Express Bestseller shelf and delivered it to me at my place of employ.  You know the saying, don't you "Happy Wife, Happy Life".  So far, a quite enjoyable series but I will need to be waiting til the fall for book 4 Happy Ever After (The Bride Quartet) which I'm fairly sure will be worth waiting for.

Currently:  
For my T4MC, I needed a book by an author read in March, April May or June and after looking around for a bit, I finally had a facepalm moment and went to my old standby of "The Man" F. Paul Wilson and am currently reading An Enemy of the State (The LaNague Federation, Book 1) and so far, so good.


Nextly
My boss is reading the first Jack Reacher novel Killing Floor (Jack Reacher, No. 1) and is loving it so I think that's going to be next.  That or I have a few other options for my T4MC which is winding up soon!


How about you?

2 comments:

Evelyn Applegate May 26, 2010 at 3:00 AM  

The Bride Quartet sounds cool. I like a bit of Nora Roberts now and then.

Felicia the Geeky Blogger May 26, 2010 at 10:18 AM  

Way to be a reading whore! Everyone should some time :)

Looks like you should be having a fantastic week :)

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers