It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - April 4, 2010

>> Monday, April 5, 2010



I missed last week as I was on vacation but I'm back for this segment of What Are You Reading hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey through A World of Books.


The Past:

- I finally finished reading Labyrinth by Kate Mosse. It was long but reasonably enjoyable.
- I also read Maze Runner which I had heard many good things about and while I liked it, I didn't like it as much as I expected too. Not enough character development for my liking maybe.
- I finally finished my first Kindle book too! The Peabody-Ozymandias Traveling Circus & Oddity Emporium and found it to be another excellent book dealing with The Otherness.

The Present:
- I started to read Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning and am enjoying it so far at 100 pages in. It is not only a time travel novel, but it is first in a series so satisfies 2 reading challenge requirements for me - boo-ya!

So...what have you been reading?

7 comments:

Sheila (Bookjourney) April 5, 2010 at 9:12 PM  

Labrynth and Maze Runner I too I have wondered about. I am always afraid I will get me hopes up for this great read and then find out it is not. I am planning to read them both :)

Have a super week and welcome back from vacation!

Amelia April 5, 2010 at 9:16 PM  

I've got THE MAZE RUNNER to read too, but I hear it's (hopefully not a spoiler) a little "weird" toward the end...
Have a great week!

Unknown April 5, 2010 at 9:37 PM  

Amelia - It did get weird at the end. And its the first in a series!

NancyO April 6, 2010 at 4:41 AM  

There goes Repairman Jack again! Did you just get your kindle or have you had it a while? I love mine.

Unknown April 6, 2010 at 12:23 PM  

Nancy - its not my Kindle, its a friend's and she's nice enough to loan it to me!

NancyO April 7, 2010 at 3:53 AM  

That's a heck of a good friend! You're very lucky.

Felicia the Geeky Blogger April 12, 2010 at 9:34 AM  

I have the K. Moning book but haven't read it yet, can't wait to see what you think!

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers