It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - Apr 19, 2010

>> Monday, April 19, 2010

Ah, once again it's Monday and time for my favorite meme hosted by Sheila at One Person's Journey Through A World of Books.  This is a great place to find out what other people are reading.

And for the first time in a post, I'm going to try out the Amazon Associates program.  Its pretty simple from what I understand - if you visit one of my links and purchase the item, I earn money off the sale.  Since I always link to Amazon anyways, I thought why not give it a try.

Last Week:

Well, I finally finished reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: The Classic Regency Romance - Now with Ultraviolent Zombie Mayhem!   I didn't hate it, but I didn't love it either and there were moments that had me laughing out loud but I definitely struggled through it, so much so that it might be a while before I read the "prequel" Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: Dawn of the Dreadfuls (Quirk Classics: Pride and Prejudice and Zombies) , if I read it at all.   This book did, however qualify as an Austenesque book for my T4MC, a challenge which I am loving!
Also for my T4MC, I read The Last Song which I really enjoyed!  It had me bawling like a baby and now I can go see the movie guilt free!  I prefer reading the book before seeing the movie.  IMHO, the book is always better!

I'm pages away from finishing another book for T4MC, (I'm on roll, what can I say?) Its my first Megan Hart read, Deeper.  I heard good things about it and I'm enjoying it but its definitely not a book you want your kids to pick up and read a few pages out of curiousity!

Next Up

My friend recommnded this series to me and purchased and read the first two and said she really enjoyed them!  Since soccer is my life, it sort of fits: Carpe Demon: Adventures of a Demon-Hunting Soccer Mom (Book 1)

After that, I'm not sure.  Maybe The 13th Apostle.  It all depends what tickles my fancy at the time.  

How about you?  What are you reading?

2 comments:

Felicia the Geeky Blogger April 20, 2010 at 9:10 AM  

You will adore Carpe Demon, I read it a few years ago and it had me laughing out loud (usually at the most awkward times)!

Sheila (Bookjourney) April 20, 2010 at 9:58 PM  

I have not read The Last Song yet.... I bet it is good!

And Crape Demon? LOL - that is just an awesome title!

Have a great week :)

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers