It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - Mar 1, 2010

>> Monday, March 1, 2010


The start of a new month, the potential (I hope) beginning of spring and a new Monday for reading! Its hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey so check out what everyone else is reading this week!

Last Week:


The Olympics really got in my way but I finally managed to finish Highland Guardian by Melissa Mayhue and it was my *only* read of the week. I have to say that I did not enjoy this book quite as much as the first one in the series. I found the characters to be somewhat lacking or something was missing, I don't know exactly what it was I was looking for.

Currently:


Since I'm still waiting on hubby to *ahem* finish the next Young Jack book, I'm delving out of my comfort zone on my next book. Back in University, I took many literature courses and read a variety of books, some of which I really liked and some of which I never care to remember ever again (Middlemarch...ugh).....

WAIT!!! Stop the Presses! I've been informed that my current line of writing might be in error. I was going to read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen but it has been pointed out to me that I've already read it back in one of those University classes. Oh well, so much for my plan and back to the drawing board...

A little while later....


After sorting and looking through my available books, I have decided to read A Wedding in December by Anita Shreve. I've read a couple of her other books - The Pilot's Wife which I really enjoyed and another which was just so-so until the very last page and BAM - what an ending! This is a library book so I can count it in my library challenge and for one of my requirements for T4MC. Maybe when I'm finished this one, young Jack will be ready for me.... :-)

3 comments:

NancyO March 2, 2010 at 6:53 AM  

Definitely get those books done so you can get back to Repairman Jack!

Q! March 2, 2010 at 8:42 AM  

I'll be taking my time savoring young Jack my dear.

Sheila (Bookjourney) March 6, 2010 at 12:45 PM  

Enjoy your reading weekend! Hope to see you this next Monday as well!

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers