What's On My Nightstand?

>> Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I love the Internet. Truly, I do and if only for stumbling onto some great and interesting websites. Just came across What's On My Nightstand this morning and just have to post!

I just finished reading Her Fearful Symmetry by Audrey Niffeneger, author of the Time Traveler's Wife! which I read way back when and really enjoyed so I *highly* recommend it! I quite enjoyed Symmetry as well and it really got me thinking afterwards. This came on the heels of another ghost story Second Glance by Jodi Picoult. Second Glance was my first Picoult novel and while it took a while to get going, once the sub-plots meshed, it was highly enjoyable, especially if you like historical type novels.

Currently: The Rose Labyrinth which the jury is still out on. Another historical novel of a mystery variety but it includes parchments to help you solve the riddles yourself which sounds interesting, but almost too much like work!

I'm very patiently waiting on the next Repairman Jack novel Ground Zero to finish processing at my current library of Publicness. For those that don't know, Repairman Jack is totally awesome,if you like action type novels. The order in which to read the novels though can be confusing so ask if you want to know!

As for what's next? Maybe the first Frankenstein novel by Dean Koontz or City of Bones by Cassandra Clare which I have heard is quite good. My bookshelf is overflowing with the possibilities!

10 comments:

J. Kaye December 22, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

I just started reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare! Thanks for following my blog. I didn't see a Google Friend widget or I would have followed you back. :) Guess I'll just have to add you to my Google Reader then.

T December 22, 2009 at 10:34 AM  

Was just looking at your 100+ challenge and trying to find a button to add to my post as I wanna join!! Am I missing it?

J. Kaye December 22, 2009 at 10:37 AM  

It's in the left sidebar. Click on 100+ Challenge and it will take you to the sign up page. :)

T December 22, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

Oh yes, I can sign up no problem but I'd like to add the button to my blog post and can't see an Add Button option. I thought I saw one on somebody else's blog (I'm not always well versed in adding gadgets, widgets, buttons and the like to blogs)

J. Kaye December 22, 2009 at 10:53 AM  

Oh! You right click the pic you want and save the image to your computer. From there, you can add a photo to your blog. Hope that makes sense. If not, this should help: http://www.google.com/support/blogger/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=41641

Jennifer, Snapshot December 22, 2009 at 11:02 AM  

Thanks for joining in!!

Great reads. I have read TTTW but not Her Fearful Symmetry, and I enjoy Picoult as well, but I haven't read that one.

Carrie December 22, 2009 at 11:04 AM  

Welcome! I'm so glad you linked up!

The Time Traveler's Wife seems to be a very popular read, although I haven't read it yet myself.

Thanks for sharing!

Q! December 23, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Your nightstand is overflowing!

Nise' December 23, 2009 at 1:47 PM  

I have not read any of Picoult's books yet. Loved TTTW but have not read Her Fearful Symmetry yet.

Brittanie December 23, 2009 at 6:01 PM  

I have read both TTTW and Her Fearful Symmetry. They were both good reads. Several things disturbed my conservative self though. lol :)

Post a Comment

 
Find More Free Layouts at April Showers